[SBB] AC Bushnell/Stillhouse Appearance - Saturday 11/3 at ArtsCenter, 7pm

A C Bushnell acbushnell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 16:57:29 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

This Saturday, November 3rd at 7pm the Stillhouse Bottom Band will be
appearing at AC Bushnell's debut album release concert and party at the
ArtsCenter.  This will be an unforgettable evening of stellar musicians and
special guest appearances including the following:

*The Stillhouse Bottom Band*
Mark Weems – guitar (also Little Windows, the Cave Dwellers); Bob Head –
banjo, bass, mandolin (also Big Medicine); Alan Julich – banjo, bass

*The Happyjoy Band*
Robert Sledge – bass, guitar (played in Ben Folds Five); Will McFarlane -
guitar (played with Bonnie Raitt); Kevin Brock – drums
Bland Simpson – keyboards (also Red Clay Ramblers)

*Special Guests:*
Grace – mystic poet from Mt. Shasta, CA; Jon Seskevich – Chanter (Durham, NC
)
Richard Shulman – keyboards (Asheville, NC); Andrea Nell – vocals

*Cluckin' A*
Terry Burtyk - banjo; Zack Mondry – bass ; Charley Pennell – guitar

*The Cluckeneers *
Richard Pertz – banjo (Remsen, NY); Bill Parsons – guitar (Brooklyn, NY)

One of the most recent write-ups about AC Bushnell's debut at the ArtsCenter
of his album:  Dancing on the Water:  Music and Life Lessons with AC
Bushnell include these thoughts from AC's son -- Christopher Bushnell.

Christopher writes:

My dad's concert/album release party is this Saturday night at The
ArtsCenter in Carrboro. The 300+ auditorium is nearly sold out. If you have
any interest in old-time bluegrass music, or homegrown music in general, I
think you will thoroughly enjoy yourself. Walk-up tickets will probably not
be available, however, so if you're planning to come, you'll need to get
them from The ArtsCenter (www.artscenterlive.org) ASAP. Whether you have
tickets or not, the full-length documentary "Following the Road:  Music and
Life Lessons with A.C. Bushnell" will be shown in another theatre of The
ArtsCenter complex.

At this point, the show looks like it will sell out with the bulk of the
tickets accounted for, and two major (local) media appearances by my dad yet
to happen this week. The first is an article that will run in tomorrow's
issue of The Independent. Then on Thursday, my dad will be on the popular
NPR program "The State of Things" at 12 noon (with a 9pm replay later
Thursday evening). If listening to it on the radio isn't an option but I've
piqued your curiosity, you can check out the show after the fact online at
http://wunc.org/tsot.

A team is working furiously to complete an "introductory version" of my
dad's Web site. At some point in the near future, it will allow you to
preview the new album "Dancing on the Water" and buy it, should you want to.
If any of this sounds interesting to you, go ahead and
visitwww.acbushnell.comand sign up for the mailing list so you'll
receive an update on the site's
progress.

Thanks for reading this email about my dad's music and sharing my excitement
over his debut album:  *Dancing on the Water:  Music and Life Lessons with
AC Bushnell*!

Christopher J. Bushnell