[SBB] Stillhouse Bottom Band -- Apr 24th -- ArtsCenter, Carrboro!

Stillhouse Bottom Band sbb at stillhousebottomband.com
Tue Apr 20 14:46:32 UTC 2004

Dear Friends,

The Stillhouse Bottom Band's big spring show is getting close, and
we're excited to have two wonderful guests joining us as we close out
the ArtsCenter's 30th Anniversary American Roots Series.

Few people have honed our understanding of American Roots as John
Cohen has.  A founding member of the New Lost City Ramblers, he has
exposed millions to the music of rural America, bringing an awareness
of the beauty and relevance of traditional material to a largely
urban audience.  Also a noted documentarian, he photographed, filmed
and recorded the joys and hardships of an American lifestyle that was
fading fast.  John has a great touch on the banjo, and we are honored
that he is able to perform at our show and perhaps even share some of
his slides.

As mentioned earlier, Alice Gerrard will also be joining us.  I've
now had a chance to hear Alice and Mark on the front porch and they
do sound great together.  Cross your fingers for Alice's new CD to be
in!

Tickets for this show are $12; ArtsCenter Friends tickets are
available at the box office for $10. There are a couple of ways to
get your tickets:

(1) Call the ArtsCenter box office at 919-929-2787.

(2) Get one from the band -- we deliver until Thursday!  Just reply
to this email or give us a call (AC is 919-932-3037).

I think this is going to be a wonderful show.  We've got some great
new material, a few old favorites, notable guests, and you in the
audience propelling us on!  That to me is a recipe for an
exhilarating time, and I personally am excited about it!

I hope to see you Saturday!

Sincerely,

Bobb Head, banjo & bass

p.s. - Once again, we are raising money through the non-profit
Starlight Foundation to buy tickets for those who seriously ill or
otherwise cannot afford to come to the show. We have done this before
and were gratified to have brought joy into people's lives. If you
want to help (whether or not you can make the show) send a check for
any amount to the Starlight Foundation, 460 Bayberry Dr, Chapel Hill
NC 27517. Thanks for your help.

     AC Bushnell                                         Alan Julich
     -----------   http://www.stillhousebottomband.com   -----------
     Mark Weems                                            Bobb Head

If you want to discontinue receiving our announcements, you can
either use the list maintenance page, or you can send an email to our
web admin, sbb at stillhousebottomband.com, and we'll see that you are
removed before our next announcement is sent. As you might see from
the extra email headers, our web provider is serious about spam, and
frankly, we agree.