[SBB] Several Upcoming Events

Stillhouse Bottom Band sbb at stillhousebottomband.com
Mon Mar 29 22:36:12 UTC 2004

Dear Friends,

The Stillhouse Bottom Band has several appearances coming up that we
would like to share with you.  These include some wonderful charity
events and an appearance with some local cloggers!

On Friday, April 2, we will be playing in the Peaceful Tomorrows
benefit concert series.  The series benefits September 11th Families
for Peaceful Tomorrows, a non-profit advocacy group of family members
of 9/11 victims who have chosen to end the cycle of violence by
seeking effective, nonviolent solutions to terrorism. The group was
nominated for the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize. Its website is
http://www.peacefultomorrows.org/.

This should be a great show with Hooverville, members of Brown
Mountain Lights, and Stillhouse Bottom Band in the lineup.  The event
starts at 8 PM at the Community Church of Chapel Hill, 106 Purefoy
Road.  Tickets are $15.  For more information about the concert
series, contact Sally Council, Concert Producer, 919-942-3549
(sallyco at bellsouth.net).

On Friday, April 16, we're thrilled to be a part of is the Durham
Crisis Response Center's annual fund-raiser.  DCRC is a sole provider
of many much needed services to the Durham area, including
counseling, legal advocacy, support groups, and shelter to survivors
and their families in the aftermath of domestic or sexual violence.

The program includes an auction with some splendid items, live 100%
acoustic music by both a duet from the Durham Symphony Orchestra and
the Stillhouse Bottom Band, plus wine, snacks and dessert.  It's
happening at the DCRC office in the historic CC Thomas House, 206 N.
Dillard St, Durham, starting at 7 PM.  Tickets are $35 in advance,
$40 at the door.  Contact DCRC at 919-403-9425 x227 or
info at durhamresponse.org for tickets and further information.

On Saturday, April 17, we will be performing for Source Force, an
organization working to lighten the burdens of Triangle-wide HIV/AIDS
and cancer patients whose means are below the poverty line.  Call
418-HELP if you would like to volunteer.

Finally, on Sunday, April 18, we will be join our friends in the
Apple Chill Cloggers as they perform at the Apple Chill festival in
downtown Chapel Hill.  The cloggers are always crowd pleasing
entertainment, and with our friend Jon Newlin joining us, expect the
fiddling to be double-plus hot!  Show time is around 3:30 PM.

We enjoy supporting these causes and hope to see you at one of these
events, but please, remember to mark your calendar for our ArtsCenter
show on Saturday, April 24.  We'd love to see you there too!

Sincerely,
AC, Alan, Mark and Bobb

     AC Bushnell                                         Alan Julich
     -----------   http://www.stillhousebottomband.com   -----------
     Mark Weems                                            Bobb Head